The Communications Campaign
The Campaign foresees the production and distribution of different communications tools throughout the country. The objective is to raise public awareness and reach the target group, mothers who may be in difficulty to keep their offspring, with essential information on their rights. The principal messages in the fight against child abandonment and infanticide are:
- Under Italian Law mother and child have certain rights whether they are Italian or not
- A baby should never be abandoned as there are legal alternatives
- When in need go to your nearest hospital; a hospital will always help you.
The tools used to inform the public (and hopefully the largest number possible of mothers in difficulty) of the opportunities offered by Italian Law regarding giving birth anonymously in hospital, and in extreme cases where to find ‘baby hatches’, include:
- A leaflet in 6 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish, Russian and Chinese)
- Web site
- Publicity Spots on the Radio
- Word of mouth and amplification via social media channels
- The Observatory
- National and local press coverage
- Localized campaigns, for example on public transport
For information on how to help please contact the organizers (email@example.com).
The campaign is supported by all the hospitals where a ‘baby hatch’ has been donated by ninna ho, as well as by the Fondazione IRCCS Cà Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico in Milan and the Policlinico Casilino in Rome. Material is also distributed periodically (or on request) to organizations assisting mothers in difficulty, such as:
- Community health centres
- Social cooperatives
- Youth centres
- Voluntary associations
- Immigation support centres
- Hospitals and clinics
- General practitioners and medical centres
- Social centres.